Mom's Zucchini Bread Recipe





Last week I post about this beautiful woman who passed away of Cancer in June. I believe in keeping memories of our loved ones alive. A memory I will always cherish is our times we spent baking, specifically her prized Zucchini Bread recipe. Oh my gracious! It is seriously heaven in a loaf.  Every summer, around this time, she would spend an entire day baking loaves upon loaves of this zucchini bread with the largest zucchinis fresh from the garden. As these babies are baking away in the oven the sweet cinnamony scent begins to fill the home. To me a scent of comfort, tradition, and memories that I am happy to pass on to you and your home.


So in honour of my dear Mother-in-Law, I am sharing with you her recipe: 


2 ½ Cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt                
3 tsp. Cinnamon  
3 Eggs
½ Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup Oil
½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
2 Cups Deseeded and Grated Zucchini
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Milk
1 Cup Chocolate Chips or Yellow Raisins (optional)

 Heat oven to 325 F. Beat eggs until frothy. Stir in sugars, oil, apple sauce, zucchini, vanilla, and milk. Combine all dry ingredients then stir into zucchini mixture. Stir in optional ingredient. Pour mixture into 2 well greased and floured loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.  Serve, eat, and enjoy! Or freeze and enjoy at a later date!

**Note: Made best with large oversized zucchini fresh from the garden.**




Enjoy!

xoxo Amanda