Long Weekend Recap





Happy Tuesday Friends!! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. This past long weekend was jam packed for Matthew and I! It was hands down the busiest weekend we have had all summer. So I thought I would share with you the wonderfulness that over took our lives this 
Labour Day Weekend!!!

Friday night, we had a get evening for the wedding rehearsal for Matthew's cousin Sandra and her fiance√® Brian. Before I went I desperately needed a touch-up on my roots. Long story short, I found out my local hairdresser (Yes, I have 2. I'm needy like that) apparently quit the salon and fell off the face of the Earth. If you are blonde or know a blonde, you know we are very specific on who touches our hair. I do not want yellow or white hair. Some people just don't get it. Anyways, I ended up going to the same salon with a different colourist who was amazing. Actually, probably the best I had - not to mention we had a million things in common and hit it off wonderfully. 
So, here is a lovely before (not so hot) and finish ready for the wedding rehearsal: 

blonde hair

Saturday was ridiculously hot and humid. I feel like it wasn't that warm all summer. But, the sun was shining and there was a very faint breeze, a perfect day for a wedding for Sandra and Brian. I love weddings, more like borderline obsessed. This wedding was so much fun, the bride was stunning, the venue was perfect, and the couple looked as happy as could be. I am so excited for them to begin their new life together hand-in-hand. 
Legends Golf Course Niagara

Sunday and Monday, Matthew and I spent the days with his family. His sister and her boyfriend came home for the weekend, which always make the weekend better because we love them so much. We spent all day beach hopping on the boat on Sunday. Taking in the waves and the last bit of sun before fall arrives. We ate a huge family dinner Monday evening that his Nana makes special once a year. It is heaven in your mouth, I hope to share the recipes soon!

family time, boating

Although the weekend was busy it was so much fun to spend time and celebrate with family! 
I hope everyone had a safe an happy long weekend! Now, it is back to reality as all the kids and teachers had back to school in Ontario today.