Affordable Autumn Decorating









Decorating for the holidays is one of my favourite things to do. In my day planner, I plan a year in advance when I want to have my different holiday displays or lights up. However, as much as I love it, it can also be costly, which isn't up my husband's alley. So, I had to get creative and do a little hunting for some good deals and pieces that can create the look I was going for. I created this door display for under $25, which most is reusable for the future years ahead as an added bonus. 

The adorable scarecrows and leaf vines were purchased from my local dollar store. They last through last year, even through the ridiculous rain we had. For an extremely low cost for a dollar or two, you can find these great decorating accents! The leaf lives add a pop of colour that compliments the mums. The Indian Corn is also reused items from last year! I purchased the corn stalks and haystack from a local farm supply shop for a few dollars. The most costly items in my display were my mums, which were $4.50 each. 

Overall, I wanted my display to look festive, include a few of my favourite autumn colours, and be cost effective. Done and Done! 

Check in tomorrow for my homemade from scratch Pumpkin Pie Recipe!!